The Unspoken Poetry

www.parentztalk.com

Love over Ambition
by: Randello M.Braga

I once dreamt
Of castles and horses
Clad in mystique golden robes
With that ring
 That gave enormous power

A name that reverberates
O’er the lands
Of the known and unknown
Before me, creation falls on their knees
Waiting for words
Of either glory or misfortune

Thoughts that conquer
Not only the physique
But the spirit and mind
Gives hope to the unfortunate
Even to the mute and dumb

In a snap of a finger
And a quick wink of an eye
Hues of glory and honor faded
Like a whirlwind romance
Every desire came to its end
Shattered and broken to pieces

Little did I know
Solitude and sorrow enslaved me
I was blinded with fame
Living in a fleeting happiness
Deafened by empty praises
Not knowing how great affections are

Now I am awakened by the reality
Without someone to love and share
Everything’s futile
Waking up one day
When affluence is gone and friends had turned their backs
Still, life is precious and beautiful
With you beside me holding my calloused hands.






Comments

Popular Posts