Narrative Blog: Conquering Obstacles to Succeed





The Perfect Time for the Perfect Journey


Contributed by: Jessa Dela Peña Corsada
First-year BEED - C.I.T.

 As I chose to wander unto the road of nowhere, life is not that easy without the company of my family. I feel so vulnerable while stepping on the next stage of my life as a Senior High School Student.  With this instinct, came the realization that I should be independent; thus, I decided to transfer here at Caraga Institute of Technology.


The feeling that you are surrounded by strangers and starting a conversation seems like a difficult task. I had a very low self-esteem and it somehow drained my self-confidence. I know that each one of us has an absolute purpose why we are still alive and kicking even though how hard the situation is.


According to a familiar maxim, you must play the game in order to survive. Our life might be a game that comprises several rounds which you need to conquer for you to step up to the next level. Every unique trial has different obstacles for you to overcome and or defeat. It is really hard to forget my experience of being bullied by my classmates way back in Dinagat School of Fisheries. I felt humiliated without even the slightest idea of their reasons for doing such. I remembered crying all night that time. I am also afraid that telling it to my parents might just be an additional burden for them. I am fully aware that they too have a right to know what I am going through; but, I was convinced that it will be a source of another problem.




Keeping a low profile or being silent doesn’t mean that you have failed or surrendered with your struggles. It’s like giving yourself a time to take a nap after a long day or giving yourself the time to figure out something better after an unpleasant experience. I have learned many things from the start of my journey and one thing important I will always recall is the fact that there is no better person who can help me but myself.

This is now my time to be on my own. This is the stage where I will prove to others that I can manage to do things and be productive in many ways. I want to show my detractors that I am a renewed individual compared to who I was before. As a transferee student, it’s not easy in the first place. I have to adjust to many aspects of my student life. I am very lucky because later in the first semester, I was mesmerized with how the CIT staff and teachers have shown their accommodating and approachable attitude towards me as well as to other students who need their help. They’re like our second family. CIT Senior High School is indeed a home away from home.

To add to my pleasant experience is the idea that our teachers not only challenge every student to be academically competent but also morally and spiritually upright. Our school also wants us to become well-rounded individuals; thus, we are encouraged to showcase our individual talents not only in many aspects of art but also in different sports activities.

I never thought that my decision of transferring in CIT would motivate me to become a better person. For almost a year, I treasure every memory that I have with my teachers and classmates. It’s an achievement I want to share with everybody because I found the right place which boosted my self-esteem and confidence. Why am I telling you these? It’s because there are people around who are always ready to give encouragement or hope whenever you’re down and weary. Friends who will push you not to stop dreaming of creating your own name someday, with your unique, God-given talents.

My new world allows me to walk on the road to success. Every step I take erases all the painful experiences I had in the past. The challenges along the way become part of my motivation to strive for the better. I finally realized that I am strong and that I cannot live by constantly reminiscing what took place in the past. This is how everybody should think. Hiding will do nothing. Going out of your shell will make you see that you can defeat people who turn you down for good.

Caraga Institute of Technology has proven a lot in me. It is now my vessel of hope and my anchor for my dreams of a better future. I am proud to say that I will be a future product of this learning institution.


Map and lagoon photos were  taken from www.googleimages.com







Comments

  1. She is from Dinagat Islands and will help me promote the interesting tourist destinations through my blog. Stay tuned for more blog updates. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts